1. All persons using the pool must take a shower before entering the water
2. Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or open cut
3. Tobacco and Alcohol are prohibited. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol may be denied entry.
4. Anyone in the water must have appropriate swimwear and swimwear coverage. Any person with offensive tattoos may be asked to cover them.
5. Balls, toys, or other objects may be restricted from use during open swim times.
6. No running, pushing, dunking, foul language, or other disruptive behavior is allowed in the facility.
7. Children who are not toilet trained must wear approved swim diapers. Approved swim diapers are available for purchase at the concession area. Diaper changing on the pool deck is PROHIBITED; a changing station is located in each of the family changing rooms.
8. Children 6 years old & under MUST be accompanied by a guardian/supervisor in the water at all times. Children 3 years old & under MUST be within arms reach of a guardian/supervisor. (Two children 3 & under per 1 guardian/supervisor) Guardians/supervisors must be at least 14 years old.
9. Coast Guard approved lifejackets are allowed for swimmers 6 years old & under. NO other flotation devices are allowed.
10. No outside food or beverage is allowed into the facility.
11. Food or beverage purchased from the concession stand is prohibited in the pool or within 5 feet of the water.
12. Facility rules apply to ALL special events or rental group activities.
13. The Pool Manager has the authority to enforce or deviate from the above rules and policies to ensure the safety of ALL patrons.
14. Patrons found in violation of rules, policies, or acting disrespectful toward staff or patrons are subject to disciplinary action or expulsion.
WATERWALK (Lilly Pad Walk) RULES
1. Enter and Exit ONLY in designated areas.
2. No swimming or diving near the Waterwalk area.
3. One person at a time on the Waterwalk.
4. No running across the Waterwalk.
5. No diving off Waterwalk.
LAZY RIVER RULES
1. One person per single tube, two persons per double tube. Riders 3 years old & under may ride on a single tube with an adult.
2. All users MUST stay on tube unless during designated water walking times.
3. No diving into Lazy River.
4. Return tube to designated area when leaving Lazy River.
5. In the event of an emergency please take tube with you.
CDC Swim Safe
Don’t swim when sick or with an open wound. It can be harmful to you and others!
Anyone with or suspected of having a communicable disease or illness which could be transmitted through use the pool shall not use or work at the pool. Pool area usage is not recommended for persons with exposed sub epidermal tissue, open blisters, or cuts because of possible infection. It is recommended that all users take a warm shower with soap prior to entering and exiting the pool facility.
**The City of Vermillion works with the Department of Social Services to provide discounts towards Prentis Plunge passes and other Parks and Recreation Programs. Individuals should contact the Department of Social Services at 605-677-6800 or 114 S. Market Street to determine eligibility.Type your paragraph here.
Seasonal Pool Pass Prices (May 26th-Sept. 3rd)
$30 Adult(18-59yrs) Includes Lap swim/water walking
$25 Senior(60+) Includes Lap swim/water walking
Daily Admission Fee
Free- Ages 0-6 with paid adult
$5 Daily Fee- 7 years and up
**Pool passes purchased online need to be picked up at the Recreation Office at the Armory.**
Season Passes will be available soon. All individuals who purchase a season pass will be issued an individual membership card. That card must be used to enter the pool each time. All cards will have a barcode that will be scanned upon arrival. Pass cards may be picked up at either the Vermillion recreation office or the pool front desk for those individuals who purchase their pass online. If a pass holder loses or damages their card, a replacement card can be issued for $5.00. Anyone caught using another persons card will be banned from the pool.
7-9am Lap swim/water walking
9-12pm Swim Lessons
12-1pm Lap swim/water walking
1-5pm Open Swim
5-6pm Lap swim/water walking
6-9pm Open Swim
Saturday & Sunday
11-1pm Lap swim/water walking(Sat)
12-1pm Lap swim/water walking(Sun)
1-5pm Open Swim
5-6pm Lap swim/water walking
6-9pm Open Swim
August 20-September 3
1-5pm Saturday & Sunday
TBD Lap Swim/water walking
American Red Cross Swim Lessons
Prentis Plunge is proud to offer a variety of swim lessons throughout the summer. Classes are available for levels Parent-Tot through Jr. Lifeguarding. Registration is open, click here to go to our program registration page.
Pool Party Shelter Rental Information
Call 605-677-7066 to rent the shelter
Looking for a great place to host a birthday party? Prentis Plunge has a
40 x 40 covered area with seating up to 40 people. Both party packages include exclusive use of the party shelter with decorations. Parties must be booked a minimum of 1 week in advance. To rent a shelter call the Pool at 605-677-7066.
Package A ($125) includes admission for 12, 3 pizzas, 12 drinks and 12 ice cream treats
Package B ($75) includes admission for 12 and 12 ice cream treats
Contact the Recreation Office for information on additional swimmers and pizzas for your pool party.
Lap Swimming and Water Walking
Prentis Plunge is pleased to offer designated times for lap swimming and water walking.
Six 25 meter lanes available from 7-9am, 12-1pm, and 5-6pm Monday—Friday and also 11-1pm(Sat), 12-1pm(Sun), and 5-6pm on Saturday and Sunday for Lap swimming
One lane available during all other open swim times
Water walking in our 180ft lazy river is an excellent aerobic and calorie burning workout; you can burn up to 550 calories an hour walking in the water. Water walking is the perfect break from the pounding of everyday training on land. It’s a wonderful way to keep active if you’re nursing an injury. And when the outdoor temperature climbs into the 90s, it’s a refreshing version of earthbound walking.
Water walking can also help correct muscle imbalances. Walking on land emphasizes the muscles in the front and back of your thighs. Walking in water works your upper body equally as hard as your lower body because water gives all your submerged muscles 12 to 14 times the resistance of air.
Prentis Plunge Rules
Vermillion Parks And Recreation